How it works
Julie’s Vintage China – Terms and Conditions of Hire
The terms and conditions of hire apply to a customer who orders online, in person, by email or over the telephone. These terms and conditions may be subject to change from time to time and are available upon request by email or via our website.
1) A booking deposit will be required at time of booking which is to be paid by bank transfer. Outstanding balance to be paid by bank transfer 14 days before the event date.
2) All hired equipment will normally be delivered the day before the event and collected the day after. Delivery and collection is free within a 5 mile radius of Brentwood CM14 4NS thereafter a small delivery charge will be applied. Due to the delicate nature of our supplies, we prefer to deliver and collect all hired items.
3) Hire items will be in good vintage condition with no chips or cracks but due to the nature and age of the items patterns and gilt may show signs of wear. All hire items are STRICTLY HAND WASH ONLY. Please DO NOT wash any of the vintage china due to its fragile nature we prefer to do this ourselves, this service is included in the hire charge. Please clean off any food before repacking and we will do the rest. The customer must agree NOT to put any hire items in a dishwasher.
4) The customer is responsible for any breakages damages or loss of the hired items during the hire period. The customer will take all reasonable steps to protect the hired equipment from weather, theft, vandalism or improper use. The customer will return the hired equipment to Julie’s Vintage China in the same condition as it was delivered. The hired equipment must not be moved from the delivery address/site unless agreed with Julie’s Vintage China in writing at time of booking.
5) A damage deposit is required to cover any breakages damages or loss to the hired equipment during the hire period. Should the cost of damage or loss exceed the damage deposit, the customer agrees to pay the balance. Damage deposit will be refunded by bank transfer within 5 days of collection once the hired equipment has been washed and checked less any deduction for breakages damage or loss as per the scale of charges agreed at time of booking.
6) If the event is cancelled by the customer between 7 and 14 days prior to the event date then 50% of the hire charge will be payable. If the event is cancelled by the customer between 0 and 6 days prior to the event date then 100% of the hire charge will be payable. If the event is cancelled by the customer prior to the event date then the damage deposit will be refunded in full.
7) Insurance against damage or breakage, loss or theft is the responsibility of the customer. Julie’s Vintage China will not be held responsible in the event of any injury or damage caused by the hired equipment during the hire period, however they are caused. The hire items are hired entirely at the customer’s own risk.
8) Julie’s Vintage China’s total liability to the customer under and/or arising in relation to any agreement shall not exceed the amount of the hire charge and charges for any services provided under that agreement.
By placing an order with Julie’s Vintage China you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions above.